Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Great Facebook "Boost": How Click Farms Make Facebook's Paid Promotion a Scam

I'm going to offer my own proof that targeting advertising on Facebook towards E/SE Asia has mainly been a waste of my money, and that it may be a waste of yours if you're not careful. Naturally, your results may vary.

Also, note that I'm creating wordy and borderline awkward sentences so as to not make any hard-and-fast judgements. These are observations leading me to a conclusion that something may not be 100% legit when it comes to advertising on Facebook.

Context

Before reading further, please watch the following two videos by Veritasium. If you've already seen these videos, then please skip to the next section, Background.

The Problem with Facebook (Published on Jan 14, 2014)

Facebook Fraud (Published on Feb 10, 2014)

Background

Over the past few weeks, I've been working on a podcast project that aims to help people improve their English conversation listening skills.

For the short term, I've decided to target English language learners in Japan and Vietnam, given that I speak those two languages, lived there for a short period of time, and overall have a fair sense of how those two societies operate. I also included Korea as a stretch goal, considering just how many people there study English.

Since I currently live in the States and not in any of those three countries, I figured that the easiest way for me to create awareness and subsequently listenership via my website and iTunes would be to advertise on Facebook.

I did a bit of research and gained a fundamental understanding of how their advertising system works. Facebook naturally makes it very easy for people like me to do things like "advertise your page" or "boost your post" by spending $5.00 and $10.00 there; they essentially nickel-and-dime you to get likes and hopefully some action on whatever call-to-action you create.

Admittedly, I was going to be OK with that. I wanted to create awareness, and, as advertising goes, I'd have to pay for it. Plus, I'm very much a learn-by-doing individual. I have the spare cash (beats whatever else I was going to spend my money on), so I wanted to see how it all works.

After about three weeks worth of advertising on Facebook, which included reviewing and applying Facebook's Blueprint guide, as well as multiple email correspondences and an actual conversation with a Facebook advertising specialist on how best to improve my targeting, I've come to the conclusion that 1) click/like farms help Facebook siphon money away from unsuspecting Facebook page owners who are lured into pressing one of Facebook's "Boost Today" or "Promote your Page" buttons thinking that they can easily promote their page or post to their target audience, but instead have their ad money misappropriated towards ad placements on fake or garbage accounts that won't yield any further action or engagement, and 2) Facebook doesn't want to do anything about it.

Primary Evidence

Mind you, the following example was the straw that broke the camel's back, prompting me to write this post. I have other evidence stored in my advertising account, but this particular instance provided me with the clearest example of potential click/like farming in Vietnam.

I recently published a post to my Facebook podcast page to announce a new podcast episode. The topic of the podcast was about strong women in movies and television. I figured that this post and podcast episode would be a good chance for me to target a particular demographic--specifically women in Japan, Vietnam, and Korean--and really observe how targeted advertising through Facebook could help me increase visibility and future engagement among those studying English.

In order to get this increased awareness through Facebook, naturally I'd have to pay a few bucks to "boost" my post. Fair enough, let's give it a go.

Applying what I read on Facebook's Blueprint (aka advertising guidebook) and the advice I received from a phone call with a representative of Facebook's Global Marketing Solution team, I crafted a new audience group as follows.

Click to enlarge

Audience Name: JP, KR, VN Women Studying English
Location - Living In: Japan, South Korea, Vietnam
Age: 18 - 35
Gender: Female
Language: Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese (China), Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong), Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), English (UK), Vietnamese, Thai, English (US) or Japanese (Kansai)
People Who Match: Interests: American English, Business English, International English Language Testing System, English as a second or foreign language, TOEFL, Learn English, Learn English Online, Test of English as a Foreign Language, TOEIC or Học tiếng Anh

After a few days of letting this ad run targeting the above audience, here are the results.

Wow! 340 total actions, with 307 of them being "likes" to my boosted post! That sounds pretty cool, right?

Let's take a look at where all of this action is coming from, shall we?

Wait...all 340 of the actions to my boosted post came from Vietnam? That doesn't really make much sense.

If I assume even some level of distribution across all three countries, then it should stand to reason that I'd see some action from Japan or Korea? Surely there are women between the age of 18-35 in Japan and Korean who study English and use Facebook, right? (Of course there are...)

Speaking of age, for funzies, let's take a look at the age breakdown of these actions.

Wait...all of the people who took action on my boosted post were between 18-24 years old? Again, assuming some level of distribution, if I included 25-35, then why didn't I see any action there? Surely there are women between the ages of 25-35 who study English and use Facebook, right? (...of-...of course there are...)

So, just who exactly are these young women in Vietnam who are liking my boosted post?

Let's take a look. (Note, these profiles were made public by their owners. I did not friend them in order to access this information.)

I'll start with the first person on the list.

Huh, from Simi Valley, California, and now lives in Hanoi, Vietnam. Plausible...

3,504 friends?! Alright, that's odd. Let's take a look at another person.

Okay, this young woman is from a smaller province in Vietnam.

2,360 friends?! Even my most popular of friends here in my metropolitan city aren't anywhere close to that number. Am I completely misunderstanding how young women between 18-25 years old in Vietnam are using Facebook? Are they spending all of their time on Facebook adding tons of random strangers?

Look, maybe these two young women are just that popular. I'm willing to accept that as a possibility. However, having lived in Vietnam and based on what I know of Vietnam's socioeconomics, I find this extremely hard to believe.

I raised the issue of 'excessive number of friends being a red flag for click/like farming in Vietnam' with "M," a representative of Facebook's Global Marketing Solution team, who I spoke to prior to boosting this post.

Here's M's response sent to me earlier today (June 8, 2016)

"If a profile does look fake it could be because of there user privacy settings. Depending what there settings are on can make them look fake. The number of friends they have does not matter for example i have 6,000 because I have had mine for so long. We do annual sweeps of fake accounts so the profiles are not fake, Facebook goes in and does annual sweeps of fake accounts and accounts that are not being used anymore. The viewers can see your ad by there friends on Facebook who has like there page. There are many ways they can see your ad but we do annual sweeps to prevent fake accounts liking ads."

I've been an active member of Facebook since 2007...and I definitely don't have that many friends. Furthermore, when I brought this concern about potential click/like farming in Vietnam up to her a couple of weeks prior to this exchange, she gave me the same canned message about Facebook doing annual sweeps of fake accounts and accounts not being used anymore.

I sent another reply to M with the photo evidence above with a request to help me understand why my ad budget has skewed 100% Vietnamese women between the age of 18-25. I'll post a follow up response when I get it.

Likewise, as of around 10:00 PM June 8, 2016, I modified the audience of this same boosted post, this time creating a new target audience group: Japanese women with everything else (age, interests) held constant. I'll post a follow up to that, as well.

For the time being, I think that the above data plus the other pieces of data that I've collected prior to this particular incident is enough for me to determine that advertising on Facebook, at least when targeting E/SE Asian, leads to nothing but empty likes.

Updates

June 9, 2016, 7:00 AM

It's the morning after I wrote this blog post and adjusted my boosted post on my podcast's Facebook page to target specifically Japanese women, holding all other demographics the same to the previous target group that included Vietnamese and Korean women.

Before diving into this morning's data, it's worth mentioning that on the morning of June 6, 2016 (the day after I first boosted this particular podcast post) I received 314 impressions and 102 likes (listed in the below chart as "People Taking Action"), again all from young women in Vietnam.

Click to enlarge

However, this time around, after adjusting the boosted post to only target Japanese women, I only received 55 impressions and just two likes ("People Taking Action).

Just who are these two people?

"So Hen" and "Yume Dasmarinas." Let's take a closer look.

This is So Hen. The written language used in a few of her photos (seen lower left) is Khmer, which is from CAMBODIA. Nothing related to being Japanese or living in Japan on her page.

A few scrolls lower, and it's pretty much nothing else but pictures of rings and a few selfies.

This is Yume Dasmarinas. It says she works in Takamatsu city, Kagawa prefecture, Japan. However, it also says that she lives in Bansalan city, Davao del Sur province...in the PHILIPPINES. Nothing related to being Japanese or studying English on her page. In fact, many Filipino nationals already know how to speak English.

June 9, 2016, 7:40 AM

I received a reply from M, the Facebook Global Marketing Solution representative who I've been working with on these matters, regarding the stats you read above in the main section of this blog post.

"Hi Jesse,

Facebook optimizes your ad and spend it where it thinks it is going to get the most bang for your buck. You might be seeing more targeting from one place from another due to this. I assure you we do  annual sweep of fake accounts(this includes click farms) we do this and if we do see fake accounts we take matters into our own hands.

Thanks"

M still doesn't address why all of the likes came from only one country (Vietnam) and only one age group (18-25).

I replied explaining that my most recent target group revision (Japanese women in Japan) yielded one like from a Cambodian, and one like from a Filipina. I also requested to connect with her manager to escalate the issue and to see about getting a refund for all of the ads I've created.

June 9, 2016, 9:00 AM

M, the Facebook Global Marketing Solution representative, replied:

"I can escalate you to a manager. But we are unable to submit for a refund. This goes against our polices. These were not accidental ads or budget confusion. Unfortunately we are unable to issue a refund."

After I've provided ample evidence of red flags that the engagements I've received are from questionable sources, my request for a refund was denied. I look forward to speaking with the manager to see what can come of this situation.

June 9, 2016, 9:23 AM

I submitted a question through the Facebook for Business - Get Help section.

I also submitted a similar request and question on the /r/Facebook subreddit.

Let's see how this plays out.

June 9, 2016, 10:18 AM

Holy smokes, got a new like for my revised targeted boosted post, and this time from an actual (hopefully?) Japanese woman!

Her account looks moderately legit, so I'll mark this as a win.

So, after revising my target audience to just Japanese woman, again, holding all other demographics constant, I went from having 100 likes (all from Vietnamese young women) in one day to just three likes in one day, and out of those likes, only come came from a Japanese woman.

June 9, 2016, Sometime in the afternoon PST

After requesting the FB Global Marketing Services rep to escalate my conversation up to a manager, I get a reply from someone else (we'll call him "J"). However, he didn't give his title, so I could've just been shifted to someone else.

I asked him to clarify his title to make sure that I'm speaking with someone a level or two higher.

He didn't read the thread that the previous rep included him in on, so I had to go through the situation again. Will summarize below.

----------

"I created the audience group focusing on my three target demos for a particular post: Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese women between the ages 18-35, all within those three countries. (see attached).

However, after a few days of running the ad...all 340 likes were 100% from Vietnam. (see attached) All things held equal, if there was even some modicum of distribution among the three countries, then wouldn't it stand to reason that I would've received some likes from Korea or Japan?

Further more, 100% of those likes were between the ages of 18-25 (see attached). Again, all things held equal, if there was even some modicum of distribution among the 18-24 and 25-34 age brackets, then wouldn't it stand to reason that I would've received some likes from the 25-34 age bracket?

2000-4000 friends for girls in Vietnam who are still most likely just exiting high school? I know this country well. Due to socioeconomic reasons, there's no way that that's possible without them actively being on FB all the time friending as many people as possible. I've also been on FB for a long time, and I'm a rather socially active person and engaged in my community. I'm only at 1500 friends. None of this makes sense.

Fake accounts can be more than accounts not being used. That's what click farms are. They're active accounts of people going in and liking everything in sight, thereby diverting ad budgets towards them and away from ideal target audiences.

Can you help me better understand what's happening here? After a few weeks of doing this, I feel like I've collected enough evidence to come to the conclusion that my ad budgets aren't being allocated in manners most valuable to me as the ad purchaser."

June 9, 2016, 10:18 AM

I received a few responses to my post on the Facebook subreddit regarding this situation. I want to screenshot them in the event that Facebook finds a reason to delete them.

Click each image to enlarge.

Long story short, other people seem to be aware that click/like farms exist, and two out of the three expressed their own frustrations getting unusable or useless actions from seemingly bogus accounts.

Update on likes after retargeting to just Japanese women: No new likes. At least as far as the first 24 hours goes, there's a dramatic difference between including and excluding Vietnam, and even after targeting Japan, I'm receive no engagement at all.

June 10, 2016, 8:25 AM

It's been nearly 36 hours since I retargeted my boosted post from Japan, Korea, and Vietnam to just Japan.

Overnight (day time in Asia), no new likes at all. This is, of course, different from when Vietnam was in the mix, as overnight I'd receive 100 likes, all from Vietnamese young women.

I sent a similarly-worded follow up email to J at Facebook Global Marketing Solutions

----------

"Update. It's been nearly 36hrs since I retargeted my boosted post from Japan, Korean, and Vietnam to just Japan, again, holding all other demographics constant.

I went from having 100 likes in one day (all from Vietnamese young women) targeting JP, KR, and VN to just three likes in one day just targeting JP, and out of those likes, only come came from a Japanese woman. The other two were Cambodian and Filipino.

Can you please help me understand this??

'M' said that it's against your policy to give refunds for ads. I gather because it'll set a negative precedent and also validate that FB indeed does have a problem with click/like farms.

However, the above update and entire situation is inexcusable. The ad money I've wasted on FB trying to target audiences in Asian have resulted in either likes from bogus or worthless profiles, or nothing at all."

June 10, 2016, Sometime in the afternoon PST

I received another response from J.

----------

"Thanks for your quick response. I am M's manager, and I would hope, none of the other representatives are providing you with canned responses.

When you are targeting different countries, I recommend using different ad sets. This way each ad will delivery evenly to each specific country. Instead of focusing on the one getting the best results. We don't currently have a feature to evenly rotate all of the ads within an ad set. Our system is designed to select the best ad to show based on the ad's bid and performance history. Thus, an ad that performs well will be shown more often than an ad that doesn't perform well, and some of your ads may receive more impressions than other ads in the same ad set.

If you'd like your ads to have a more equal opportunity to run off of a budget, we recommend placing a single ad in each ad set. This way, each ad will have a better chance of being delivered without being outperformed by another ad in the same ad set. However, each ad's performance will affect its own bid range and ads will still compete against one another in the bid auction for delivery if they target the same audience. If you notice your ad's suggested bid range increasing, it may be that the ad hasn't performed well on the site so far. We recommend making sure your ad is targeted to the most relevant audience, and using informative ad text with an eye-catching image for the best results.

You can review more information on troubleshooting for ads, and how the algorithm works here:

----------

Let's analyze this line by line, shall we? This will help us more effectively call out the nonsense that comes from FB regarding advertising, click/like farms, and garbage accounts.

"When you are targeting different countries, I recommend using different ad sets. This way each ad will delivery evenly to each specific country. Instead of focusing on the one getting the best results."

I did, and I explained this to M and J already. My first ad was targeted to Japan, Korea, and Vietnam, and then I revised it to just Japan.

"We don't currently have a feature to evenly rotate all of the ads within an ad set. Our system is designed to select the best ad to show based on the ad's bid and performance history."

This, then, gets to one of the main points of this article: Facebook lures people to "Boost A Post" with the preset budget of $5.00 per day for two days with the understanding that those Facebook page owners who click on this preset option with the intent of getting their post in front of their target audience won't actually realize that desired visibility because they aren't actually paying as much as other entities (e.g. large corporations with large marketing budgets).

Now, at this point, anyone familiar with online ad bidding systems are probably screaming, "no doy, you dimwit!" Yes, I'm familiar with the ad bidding system: The more money your bid, the greater the visibility you will receive.

The conclusion I'm drawing from all of this is that Facebook is potentially allowing these click/like farms to exist ("Annual sweeps"? Come on...) with the idea that a Facebook page owner who is unfamiliar with this advertising process will see all sorts of attractive buttons like "Promote Website" or "Boost Post" on their page, think that $5.00 per day for two days will actually increase the visibility of their post, and receive 100 likes overnight is going to believe that their money is actually being well spent, that they're actually getting the visibility that Facebook claims it can deliver on money spent to advertise or boost a post.

However, if they drill into those accounts of those who liked their page or post, then they'll quickly learn--much like I did and the three redditors who replied to my comment on the Facebook subreddit--that those accounts are actually either fake or garbage.

Sure, Facebook doesn't pay these click/like farms to go about liking random pages, but they certainly don't hurt, either, because these farms make it seem as though small-time advertisers who are just trying to get some visibility are actually getting what their small-time budget's paid for.

"Thus, an ad that performs well will be shown more often than an ad that doesn't perform well, and some of your ads may receive more impressions than other ads in the same ad set."

I interpret "ad that performs well" to mean "ad whose owner paid more money to have it placed on Facebook."

"If you'd like your ads to have a more equal opportunity to run off of a budget, we recommend placing a single ad in each ad set. This way, each ad will have a better chance of being delivered without being outperformed by another ad in the same ad set."

Again, 1) I already tried this; I didn't get any traction from focusing my ads on Japan--mainly because I probably didn't pay enough money to compete against other bidders, and 2) if this were the case, then why allow us to select more than one geography if you know that it's not going to be effective?

"However, each ad's performance will affect its own bid range and ads will still compete against one another in the bid auction for delivery if they target the same audience. If you notice your ad's suggested bid range increasing, it may be that the ad hasn't performed well on the site so far."

This is the general nature of complex ad bidding systems; I can accept this. That said, I want to make it clear for every new Facebook page owner who has ever seen one of above mentioned ad/boost displayed on their own page that they shouldn't even bother trying to promote their ad, page, or post if they're not willing to pay lots of money to compete against other pages of larger companies who have way more budget to spend targeting that same audience.

Furthermore, if an unsuspecting new Facebook page owner did decide to spend $5.00 here or $10.00 there to advertise on Facebook, then don't trust the likes that come in, because chances are that they're from click/like farms as opposed to being from more quality audiences.

"We recommend making sure your ad is targeted to the most relevant audience, and using informative ad text with an eye-catching image for the best results."

As I explained to J in my previous email, I already did all of this. This sentence is business speak for, "stop being bad, and then you'll be good."

"As M mentioned, this type of situation doesn't apply for a refund, however, we can request a coupon for the confusion. Would that suffice? Please let me know and I will pass this request to our Billing team to approve."

"Coupon?" This is the equivalent of a casino giving me a voucher for free credits at a slot machine.

June 10, 2016, 8:57 PM PST

I replied to J's email to iterate that

1. He did not address the matter that I had 100 garbage likes from Vietnamese young women when I included Vietnam and Korean, and only three likes when I only targeted Japan, and only one of those three were actually from someone from Japan,
  2. I already read the Blueprint, and included both Blueprint's guidance and M's advice in my recent ads, but only got the outcome mentioned in point 1, and
  3. Making Facebook page owners believe that they can pay $5.00 a day for a couple days and get visibility from quality audiences is misleading.

Will update when he responds.

One among the many key takeaway I've gained so far from this experience is that while Facebook doesn't support click/like farms, they certainly seem to condone them as they can provide misleading results to people who think that they can follow Facebook's suggested payment of $5.00 per day to get the visibility they desire from their audience, no matter how targeted the ad buyer makes their ad.

Also, worth noting that I received no new likes since targeting just the Japan audience. That ad campaign ended today.

46 comments:

1. Dude, way to go. You are Olympian in your tenacious pursuit of transactional justice.

Replies
    1. Hello everyone ..I have been finding a way to help to cure my serious problem my sex life have been a total torment to me ,it all started when I was 15 when the doctor told me I was impotent and can’t make love to any woman..I was shocked and felt dead hearing that but I kept on searching for cure I tried using vaccines,drugs,surgeries in CANADA,INDIA,BELGIUM but couldn’t fine my desired satisfaction until on blessed day I found a comment of mr JAVIER ZAMBROTTA from Italy testified of how dr HARRY helped him cure his erectile dysfunction,premature ejaculation and enlarge his penis size to 10.5 inches without hesitation I quickly visited his website http://drharryherbaltempl.wixsite.com/solutiontemple and he got back to me and told me all I need to do and to my greatest surprise I was feeling myself ..my penis got up and measured 11inches when erected ..was so happy and wanted to be sure so I had sex with fiancé and she was shocked and told me I nearing killed her with my big Cock..my sexual life is 100% ok now all thanks to DR HARRY .i will forever be grateful to you doctor so if you are out there and you need
      PENIS ENLARGEMENT
      PREMATURE EJACULATION
      LOW SPERM COUNT
      ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
      LOW LIBIDO
      HERPES
      HIV/AIDS
      ETC
      contact him now on email drharrysolution@gmail.com visit his website http://drharryherbaltempl.wixsite.com/solutiontemple WhatsApp him +2348143240563 thanks

2. I understand how Facebook benefits from this (scam)
    But what's in it for click farms?

Oh and the "representative of Facebook's Global Marketing Solution team" confusing their and there.. pathetic

I'm not asian, i'm not a woman, I don't use Facebook, but i listen to podcasts si you just got yourself a new subscriber :)

Cheers

Replies
    1. The benefit of click farms of doing this is to appear like a real account. They are instructed to click, like, share, etc. on a variety of posts, not just the one's they have been paid to promote.

2. Thank you for the comment! I woke up, read your remarks, then went back into my post and did a search for every 'there' and 'their' I used to doublecheck that I used them correctly. Yes, I am one of those people who would be mortified by that mistake.

3. Something funny I found on an article

In a statement, Facebook responded: "A like that doesn't come from someone truly interested in connecting with the brand benefits no one. If you run a Facebook page and someone offers you a boost in your fan count in return for money, our advice is to walk away – not least because it is against our rules and there is a good chance those likes will be deleted by our automatic systems.

"We investigate and monitor "like-vendors" and if we find that they are selling fake likes, or generating conversations from fake profiles, we will quickly block them from our platform."

ReplyDelete
  4. Great article; I'm not sure if you meant to un-redact the person's name in the quoted emails where you switched from calling them M to quoting the supervisor as Madison; but if that was unintentional I'd recommend deleting that. This kind of thing is so frustrating, I remember seeing Veritasium's videos and feeling pretty disgusted

Replies
    1. Many thanks for pointing that out. Went back and redacted her name. My hope is that we can continue pointing this out so that FB actually does something about it. Much like many other things going on right now, issues are quickly forgotten before anyone can get around to whiteboarding potential solutions.

Then again...as I mentioned in the post, maybe FB doesn't want to find a solution. Like farms only stand to help them in the end by tricking unsuspecting ad buyers into believe that they're getting what they paid for.

5. Based on the numbers you present here, you know how many clicks/likes it has gotten in each country, but you do not know how many views it has in each country? So you do not know if it mostly has been displayed for users in Vietnam, and then of course would get the most attention from that country?

6. Like :-)

(Don't spend it all in one place).

ReplyDelete
  7. Jesse, I'm an editorial assistant managing the Mobile portal for DZone, a tech company that publishes interesting, engaging, and informative tech news in many topic areas. I love this article and think it would be great on the Mobile section. Would you be interested in allowing us to run it?

Chris Tepedino
    Editorial Assistant
    DZone
    chrispt@dzone.com

8. Yeah, this is a fact.

I can tell you that a long running ad we have generates tens of thousands of followers in Mexico City, and the content that they are all liking and following is simply not possible in Mexico. Basically the topic is not even known of available in Mexico at all. I could probably show you 40-60k fake accounts without much effort.

ReplyDelete
  9. And there is an additional thing to all this.

INTEREST TARGETING
    Facebook boasts with the fact that you can target interest, even a combination of them so that the targeting should become super accurate, such as
    People who like martial arts AND KArate AND the name of a certain club... something like that
    Well, Facebook does not make a secret out of how the view your interests. You can check how Facebook sees your own interests in your personal profile's ad preferences. https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/
    According to Facebook I am a truck driver with education in metaphysics and ontology interested in female fitness, eating rice, interested in Arsenal (a football club approx. 4 countries away from where I live), interested in Minister (Christianity) AND Nazi Germany (!!!) - and the Kuomintang political party (no joke), shopping for California Gold Rush (whatever that is), playing Water polo (what?!!), travelling places called "copyright infringement"...
    WHAT THE FXXX!!!!
    These interests how Facebook sees me are 100% OFF!!!!!-
    So, I no longer wander that I get clickthrough rates of 0.7% on ads which are about a very specific niches and allegedly exactly targeted at people to whom it is relevant. This is FRAUD to my mind.

ReplyDelete
  10. Good article. But, still, what do "like farms" get out of liking FB ads and boosted posts? Someone must be taking the time to generate spam accounts in FB, but what is their motivation? Who is behind the fake FB accounts and like farms?

ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing too surprising because as I have boosted some info or announcement on my FB page, and no matter how I try to target my already refined audience for this purpose, lets say to limit within one state in the US, it oddly gets posted to the far reaches of South America. I have nothing against those folks, but I was marketing to local folks because no one in South America will be asking to use my photo services. This has happened about 5 times before I now have wised up to truly realize that yes this "Boost" is a scam.

ReplyDelete
  12. I had the same experience with Facebook ads which I targeted in a single country, but after the campaign, I saw that 90% of the traffic (checked via Google analytics) came from countries like Russia, Iraq, etc. Scam all the way.

ReplyDelete
  13. I had the same experience with Facebook ads which I targeted in a single country, but after the campaign, I saw that 90% of the traffic (checked via Google analytics) came from countries like Russia, Iraq, etc. Scam all the way.

ReplyDelete
  14. I am a naive dystopian science fiction author. I spent money to promote a page for my new novel (by the way - it is called "Dance Party for Electric Eels"). I "targeted" people in U.S. & Britain interested in Sci. Fi., cloning, Kurt Vonnegut, Phillip K. Dick, brain science, & Buddhism... I got 500 + like - 95% of which are from teenagers who don't speak English, People interested in dog shows, and right wing Christians from the deep south. Totally bogus!!!

ReplyDelete
  15. Good post man. Same story here: I targeted analytics professionals in the Benelux, France UK and Germany. After reviewing a few likes, I came to same conclusion. From the first 20 of the 91 "likes" no one was a professional and almost no one was in the geographical zone selected. Car wash, carpenters, bikers, hookers,... great audience but no sale. Luckily my credit card expired so they can stick their money where the sun... OK, you get my drift.

ReplyDelete
  16. So it's the way! hey, thanks for sharing it. For facebook ad examples, templates and ads adshacker is non-comparable. Their work is really good.

ReplyDelete
  17. People are asking who is behind the like farms. Obviously it is advertisers themselves. To be more precise it is startup companies in need of visibility who are generating fake interest onto themselves in the hope to generate real interest.

ReplyDelete
  18. Great article, a debt of gratitude is in order for assembling this! This is clearly one extraordinary post. A debt of gratitude is in order for the significant data and bits of knowledge you have so given here. mohamed hassouna

ReplyDelete
  19. Be lenient on your comment as this will show up on the updater's wall and is visible to all his friends. So, it pays to make bright comments to get traffic back to your page.
    buy facebook shares likes

ReplyDelete
  20. The Facebook like button is used in two general places. One is on the Facebook site, the other is on sites outside of Facebook. http://www.thesocialguys.co.uk

ReplyDelete
  21. It is very valuable share! I am pleased to find these details here. FB is one of the best online marketing tools which you can use for growing your old or new business. For my home business I have hired the facebook ads management Los Angeles team and trust me, I have started getting a lot of customers through it.

22. Hello ,
    Great informative post over here
    Amazing tips over here to raise a profitable blog from scratch. I am newbie, and love to learn how to build up my skill and these all great advise are going to work for me. Keywords are really cool idea to create so magical words and it attract to blogger.
    Social media is a great platform to develop marketing and these is very effective idea to promote business.
    Thanks for the share
    Buy Instagram Followers UK

23. Hello ,
    Great informative post over here
    Thanks for the share
    Buy Instagram Followers UK

ReplyDelete
  24. Hello every out there, My name is Johnson Bubby am here to testify of the wonderful work Dr Herbert has done for me with is herbal medicine, in the past years i have being going through hard times in any relationship am into, because of the small size of my penis which was not big enough to satisfy a woman, so which always end up in series of breakup in my relationship with women, because of this i have tried so many drugs to enlarge my penis but did not work out, then i decided to search online for solution to my problem and then came across so many testimony on how Dr Herbert have helped people find solution to their problems, so i contacted him on his email and told him about my small penis and ejaculation issue, he told me not to worry that he will help me be a real man again, i did not believe he can help me but i gave him a try, he told me what to do and then send me his herbal cream and medicine which i used and it worked for me, now am a happy man. He can also cure diabetes, H.I.V. you can contact him on his email on (drherbertsolutiontemple@gmail.com). or call his mobile no +2349069232719, This will be the end of your sexual problems and other problems.

ReplyDelete
  25. Hello viewers around the Globe, I was despondent because i had a very small penis, about 2.5 inches soft and 4 inches hard not nice enough to satisfy a woman, i have been in so many relationship, but cut off because of my situation, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr, Herbert and decided to contact him on his website i saw on the internet drherbertsolutiontemple@gmail.com so I decided to give his herbal product a try. i emailed him and he got back to me, he gave me some comforting words with his herbal pills for Penis Enlargement, Within 3 week of it, i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, " and now it just 4 weeks of using his products my penis is about 9 inches longer, and i had to settle out with my Ex girlfriend Jane, i was surprised when she said that she is satisfied with my sex and i have got a large penis. Am so happy, thanks to Dr Herbert I also learn that Dr Herbert also help with Breast Enlargement Hips and Bums Enlargement etc.. If you are in any situation with a little Penis, weak ejaculation, small breast_hips_bums do get to Dr.Herbert, contact him now on his email
    (drkherbertsolutiontemple@gmail.com) or add him up on whatsapp +2348118829919...

ReplyDelete
  26. As always your articles do inspire me. Every single detail you have posted was great. facebook video downloader for android

ReplyDelete
  27. hello this is so informative post thanks for share i am waiting your next post Buy Instagram Followers UK

ReplyDelete
  28. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... click to find out more

ReplyDelete
  29. Hello viewers around the Globe, I was despondent because i had a very small penis, about 2.5 inches soft and 4 inches hard not nice enough to satisfy a woman, i have been in so many relationship, but cut off because of my situation, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr, OLHIA and i decided to contact him on his website i saw on the internethttp://olihawonderfulherbs.webs.com/ so I decided to give his herbal product a try. i emailed him and he got back to me, he gave me some comforting words with his herbal pills for Penis Enlargement, Within 3 week of it, i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, " and now it just 4 weeks of using his products my penis is about 9 inches longer, and i had to settle out with my Ex girlfriend Ella, i was surprised when she said that she is satisfied with my sex and i have got a large penis. Am so happy, thanks to Dr OLIHA I also learn that Dr OLIHA also help with Breast Enlargement Hips and Bums Enlargement etc.. If you are in any situation with a little Penis, weak ejaculation, small breast_hips_bums do get to Dr OLIHA now for help on his email {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com} or whats app him number: +2349038382931

ReplyDelete
  30. Facebook is a biggest marketing place for marketing. A good Facebook presence can help you engage your fans and grow your business. But with so many ways to promote your business on Facebook, it’s hard to know where to start. Best Facebook marketing tips

ReplyDelete
  31. Hello everyone my name is George Gary,am here to testify of the good help that Dr Odiagbe have render to me, I was married for three months and me and my wife was happy together,until she started complaining that my penis is too small and that i don't perform well on bed, a week later she started going out with other men which really hurt me,and I was even planning to break up the marriage, one day I was browsing the Internet and i saw a post on how Dr Odiagbe have help people,and i contacted him and he told me that he will make my family happy again, I taught he was joking but I gave him a try,and he made herbal medicine for me and to me within one week that my penis will be big,to my greatest surprise in one week after my penis was big and my wife was happy with me again. you can contact him on his email on powerfulspelltemple7@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349054353335

ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

ReplyDelete
  33. MY STORY OF HOW DR ODUMU HERBAL MIXTURE ENLARGE MY PENIS SIZE FROM 3.5 INCHES TO 11. INCHES
    hello i am LAKA JAMES from united kingdom...i have been having sexual battles with my wife in my marriage because of my small penis and it was really so embarrassing imagine a grown up man of 39 years old having a small dick...i could not satisfy her and she threatened to cheat on me if i do not find a way..i searched for cure and results but none of them avail..i even used online pills,vaccines,drugs,herbal herbs but still no result so i was about going penis Suggerry when i read about this great herbalist called dr odumu ..i quickly message him and he got back to me within 30 mins and told me all i need to do ,,i followed all his instructions and he sent down his herbal cream through UPS SERVICE to me and gave me instruction on how to apply it and within two weeks i was Beginning to feel myself ...i now measure 10.5 inches long in erection and 8.0 girth fat ...my wife is so proud and happy with me now..All thanks to DR ODUMU for saving my marriage ..i am 100% grateful to you sir .NOTE
    he also have herbal remedies to problems like
    1.LOW SPERM COUNT
    2.PREMATURE EJACULATION
    3.ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
    4.DIABETES CURE
    5.HIV/AIDS CURE
    6.CANCER CURE
    7.GENITAL HERPES CURE
    8.STROKE
    9.HEART FAILURE
    so if you are out there and need such help please contact him on drodumusolutiontemple@gmail.com. you can also Whatsapp him +2348147048549. THANKS.

34. i am from Texas US. I want to share a testimony
    of how Dr. odudu herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and
    disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so
    embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can make
    love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like
    me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant
    even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife
    was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never
    enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions
    everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr. odudu herbal
    mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i
    decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one
    week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe
    my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have
    week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my
    marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. You can
    contact him via dr.oduduherbalhome@gmail.com https://web.facebook.com/DR.ODUDUHERBALHOME/?fref=ts
    you can also call and whatsapp him on via no
    +2348101571054 Thanks for curing my weak erection and for the Enlarge penis you did to me to save my
    marriage...I am really grateful sir,

ReplyDelete
  35. Facebook also big social media site and mostly people use this then others sites..
    Buy Twitter Followers Uk

ReplyDelete
  36. I knew something was funny after i tried the send message call to action. The people who sent the messages were uninterested and asked stupid questions or just disappear after replying. What’s in it for them? I tried searching for facebook boosts scam but not much came up on google, until now. Thx for the insight. Prob won’t be using the boosts again.

ReplyDelete
  37. I think Advertising on Facebook is better Then Google Adwords.
    Buy Instagram Followers UK

ReplyDelete
  38. Hello viewers around the Globe, I was despondent because i had a very small penis, about 2.5 inches soft and 4 inches hard not nice enough to satisfy a woman, i have been in so many relationship, but cut off because of my situation, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr, OLHIA and i decided to contact him on his website i saw on the internethttp://olihawonderfulherbs.webs.com/ so I decided to give his herbal product a try. i emailed him and he got back to me, he gave me some comforting words with his herbal pills for Penis Enlargement, Within 3 week of it, i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, " and now it just 4 weeks of using his products my penis is about 9 inches longer, and i had to settle out with my Ex girlfriend Ella, i was surprised when she said that she is satisfied with my sex and i have got a large penis. Am so happy, thanks to Dr OLIHA I also learn that Dr OLIHA also help with Breast Enlargement Hips and Bums Enlargement etc.. If you are in any situation with a little Penis, weak ejaculation, small breast_hips_bums do get to Dr OLIHA now for help on his email {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com} or whats app him number: +2349038382931

ReplyDelete
  39. Hello everyone ..I have been finding a way to help to cure my serious problem my sex life have been a total torment to me ,it all started when I was 15 when the doctor told me I was impotent and can’t make love to any woman..I was shocked and felt dead hearing that but I kept on searching for cure I tried using vaccines,drugs,surgeries in CANADA,INDIA,BELGIUM but couldn’t fine my desired satisfaction until on blessed day I found a comment of mr JAVIER ZAMBROTTA from Italy testified of how dr HARRY helped him cure his erectile dysfunction,premature ejaculation and enlarge his penis size to 10.5 inches without hesitation I quickly visited his website http://drharryherbaltempl.wixsite.com/solutiontemple and he got back to me and told me all I need to do and to my greatest surprise I was feeling myself ..my penis got up and measured 11inches when erected ..was so happy and wanted to be sure so I had sex with fiancé and she was shocked and told me I nearing killed her with my big Cock..my sexual life is 100% ok now all thanks to DR HARRY .i will forever be grateful to you doctor so if you are out there and you need
    PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    PREMATURE EJACULATION
    LOW SPERM COUNT
    ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
    LOW LIBIDO
    HERPES
    HIV/AIDS
    ETC

ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

41. drfredspiritualtemple@gmail.com))
    Hello my dear readers around the globe, it is a great privilege to tell you about this great man who helped me over come the tragedy in my relationship, and how his herbal medicine help me too. My relationship became so complicated to a stage that I was scared of losing my wife to another, lasting long in bed was a problem and I knew deep down in my that my wife was not happy about it. Sometimes when I asked for sex the way she would act before the sex I noticed it was because I was not satisfying her, when she needed it more I hard already come and it was not the best. So I needed to find solution that was how I came in contact with DR FRED he really changed my sex life and ever since then life has been fun because my wife now love me more than she used to, all thanks to DR FRED for this great thing he did for me..
    If you ever need help of any kind you can visit DR FRED temple for solution ((drfredspiritualtemple@gmail.com)) +2348158839763.....